Hey Everybody, sorry about the dark picture but I got this today its, Borghese’s Lash in a Flash, its three different color mascaras, the colors are: Black, Bronzo(a broze color), and Prima Plum (a darkish purple). I already love the black ever so much and the bronze is gorgeous, I have not tried the Prima Plum yet but I will be sure to update everyone when I do!
Definition of non-Hodgkin lymphoma: Any of a large group of cancers of lymphocytes (white blood cells). Non-Hodgkin lymphomas can occur at any age and are often marked by lymph nodes that are larger than normal, fever, and weight loss. There are many different types of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. These types can be divided into aggressive (fast-growing) and indolent (slow-growing) types, and they can be formed from either B-cells or T-cells. B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas include Burkitt lymphoma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma (CLL/SLL), diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, follicular lymphoma, immunoblastic large cell lymphoma, precursor B-lymphoblastic lymphoma, and mantle cell lymphoma. T-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas include mycosis fungoides, anaplastic large cell lymphoma, and precursor T-lymphoblastic lymphoma. Lymphomas that occur after bone marrow or stem cell transplantation are usually B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas. Prognosis and treatment depend on the stage and type of disease. Also called NHL. Estimated new cases and deaths from non-Hodgkin lymphoma in the United States in 2012:
New cases: 70,130
Definition of Evil:
Faking cancer to get free things.
There’s this girl who goes by the name of Amanda Neil, aka Manda Mayhem aka hellokittyfamemonster aka Beauty Rush, who has been scamming companies, indie makeup and bath companies in particular, for free stuff. The method is always the same, with her sending out the following email:
I am writing on behalf of my daugher, her name is Amanda and she is 17 and she has cancer, non hodgkins lymphnoma, she loves your products and I was wondering if there was anything you could send to her, anything would be cherished and appreciated,Thanks her address is Amanda Neil XXXX Montpelier,Ohio
It’s not her mom sending out the email.
She’s not a 17 year old girl.
She doesn’t have cancer.
You see, she was discovered to be pulling this scam almost a year ago, and once indie owners started to speak up, they realized she had been trying to scam the whole lot of them. They figured out where her blogs were, where her tumblr was, where she was on facebook, and discovered that for a supposed teenage girl with cancer, she never ever talked about cancer. Ever. She talked about how her life was great and how she was a cosmo student going for a nail tech license and what kind of shopping sprees she was going on, though.
Of course, once it hit the fan, she panicked and deleted a lot of her pages.
Then yesterday she was stupid enough to try pulling this scam on Solstice Scents.
If you have a Regretsy account, here is the thread where sellers first figured out she was a scammer. You can also read some recent posts by The Soctopus and Painted.
- She changed the facebook page URL so that all the links people were posting to it won’t work anymore.
- Any comment that calls her out in any way, no matter how nice, continues to be deleted.
- She posted another rant. (The word at the end is supposed to be “mature.”)
- She’s only 16, making her use of PayPal with her online shop against PayPal’s TOS.
- She claimed to be vegan and cruelty free while listing milk, silk, and carmine in her ingredients. She then argued that insects are not animals and that “there are different kinds of vegan.”
Tl;dr she won’t listen to reason and denies doing anything questionable, insisting that everything is legal/approved/insert adjective here. So, if you could take a moment to Google “Zora Cosmetics” and click the link titled “The Miseducation of Zora Cosmetics,” it would be much appreciated.
Zora Cosmetics is selling what very clearly looks to be neon eyeshadows (see for yourself). Remember that in the US, the FDA has NOT approved any fluorescent (aka neon aka UV-reactive) pigments for eye use.
Then I noticed this post on their facebook page where the owner tells people off for questioning the neon eyeshadows.
Stop in boxing me telling me about neon makeups. Everything is FDA approved. It took me a long time to perfect my formula like a year… i worked hard one these. So dont go telling people my stuff is unsafe i woud NEVER sell unsafe stuff i could go to jail for that. Do you think i would wanna go to jail? No..
My comment was deleted and I was blocked in less than 60 seconds.
Another person left a comment right after I did linking to FDA regulations. Yep, that comment was immediately deleted, too.
For those of you not following my YouTube videos on the matter, Trayce DeMarco and Rosalind Duran Turner, the owners of Ruthless Cosmetics:
- Have a history of harassing people, slinging insults, sending death threats and generally acting like hormonal teenagers (they’re in their 30s, and mothers to boot) in order to shut people up who have anything bad to say about their company.
- Started threatening me with legal action over a month ago, but have completely failed to get their “in-house corporate lawyer” “legal team” to contact me.
- Got their mother/aunt, Pamela DeMarco of Kupcake Kutie Cosmetics, to threaten me when I blocked them.
- Created fake facebook accounts of me in order to frame me for harassment.
- Have a history of creating fake facebook accounts to frame people for harassment.
- Have a long line of customers who failed to receive their purchases or refunds.
- Have knowingly been promoting their private-label reseller cosmetics for inappropriate uses (against FDA regulations).
- Have knowingly and blatantly lied about their product safety, appropriate uses, and FDA requirements.
- Have been harassing, insulting, and making libelous comments about me for over 5 weeks now, even though they were told not to contact me in any way other than through a lawyer 1 month ago.
That is why I speak up against people and companies like this. If I were to just back off and keep quiet, Trayce and Rosalind would just keep stepping all over people and ripping people off.