After reading this ignorant post, I felt the need to make a response post:
If your cosplay looks
You can indeed be a geek.
You can indeed be cute.
You can indeed be creative.
You are always worthy of respect, no matter what you wear.
Clothing is not an indicator of self worth. A person is a person, no matter what they wear. Cosplay in itself can be an art form, but it can also be just for pleasure; shits and giggles and all that. Fuck anyone who tells you your self worth and “level of geekiness” is low due to this. Fuck that noise.
You are not an attention-whore. You are simply enjoying what makes you happy.
YES. Women are often very marginalized in geek spaces, and that’s bullshit.
Ladies, nerd culture is just as much ours as it is the boys’. Cosplay however you like. We shouldn’t allow other people to police our behavior in our own fandom.
Nerd culture can be really misogynistic, especially when it comes to cosplays (fat-shaming and racism as well). It’s irritating and shows the entitlement a lot of dudes feel for thinking geeky women dress that way for THEM.
I support this message. Dress how you want! You look great!
I’m not going to comment on the geekdom, or lack thereof, of this lady (has anyone noticed that it’s the same person?). I don’t know her and I can’t judge her.
I will, however, comment on the quality of the cosplays. Rule 63 Thor there obviously had a little effort put into it. A yellow bra and a mismatched belt? That’s the equivalent of cutting two holes in a sheet and saying you’re a ghost.
When it comes to cosplay, don’t do it half-assed.
- moreganplease likes this
- hellothere1230 likes this
- v-vic reblogged this from henrietteoneeyecooper
- v-vic likes this
- bringmethepocky reblogged this from karaioroku
- 091106 reblogged this from froakieappreciationblog
- intothebathysphere likes this
- godfatherokay reblogged this from thelotusflames
- juanamana reblogged this from cosplaytutorial
- closet-full-of-books reblogged this from ssiinnss
- vi3tster reblogged this from bakachristinegraves
- rowanravenholmes likes this
- spodermang reblogged this from froakieappreciationblog
- caffeinated-comic-books likes this
- thisonesforauntmary likes this
- declareityours reblogged this from iseethesilence
- the-aposematic-girl reblogged this from rynvasnormandy
- slowroadtoruin reblogged this from dozydozy
- thoughtskilldreams reblogged this from megaaegislash
- megaaegislash reblogged this from muonna
- pasteljongin likes this
- unzan likes this
- muonna reblogged this from greatdistractions
- i-see-angels-in-everything likes this
- froakieappreciationblog reblogged this from rebelliousmormon and added:
- rebelliousmormon reblogged this from tranarchistbitch and added:
- ashleykoyfish reblogged this from hangingbythestars
- ladylongface likes this
- hablehdiddybleh reblogged this from this-cant-happen-again
- bessarion likes this
- hangingbythestars reblogged this from sneakybutthole
- paleiko reblogged this from fandomsandfeminism
- ablindedartist reblogged this from this-cant-happen-again
- dirtycorzaharkness likes this
- thebitterthesweet reblogged this from heretherebdragons
- new-world-hero likes this
- faggertartist reblogged this from robinscape
- bootybasket reblogged this from sneakybutthole
- bootybasket likes this
- sneakybutthole reblogged this from robinscape
- luzvimindarepublic reblogged this from robinscape
- terratheterror reblogged this from mikazeai
- this-cant-happen-again reblogged this from robinscape
- chiakithegamer reblogged this from mikazeai
- chiakithegamer likes this
- mikazeai reblogged this from robinscape
- castiels-technicolor-trenchcoat likes this
- theviewofpalaven likes this
- robinscape reblogged this from veggietalesyaoiremade
- b100skies likes this