I left my computer for a couple hours, and the notes on that post jumped from about 200 to over 500. I was happy to even reach 200, ‘cause nothing I’ve originated has gathered that much notice, but I’m almost to 540 already and I’m just surprised.
Tumblr stopped sending the emails around 1pm this afternoon (just before 100 notes). My dash is missing at least 2/3 of the notices. And I think I’m happiest that I’m not the only one who thinks Maybelline’s mascara ads are fecking ridiculous.
I can’t even write this up without going from 524 to 550 notes.
Still not approved for that tatting group. I just went to the group and doublechecked, and I’m still pending approval; it’s not even a case of being rejected and not knowing it.
On the super rare chance someone who is a member sees this, it’s the Here Be Tatters Yahoo group. I was told at InTatters that HBT was an offshot, since there were people in the old InTatters Yahoo group who had no interest in moving to the forum format they use now.
I’ll be honest: you can keep your Yahoo group. I am thoroughly unimpressed.
As of recent, it seems that you have become increasingly more enthusiastic in shaping the user experience here on Tumblr. I hope you’re not feeling too down about the reaction to your particular brand of enthusiasm. It’s rather quite common! I remember this one child I went to primary school with who subscribed to a similar school of thought in terms of how he conducted himself. His name was Jamie. Jamie used to bring his favourite Transformers action figure to class and show us all of the features of it. Then, when we asked if we could play with the toy, he’d scream, throw boogers at us and sometimes, he’d even break the toy just to prove how serious he was! We all adored Jamie. I don’t really know what he’s up to now. I think he has diabetes.
Anyway, tonight it was brought to my attention that you have decided that, in spite of one Jeremy Cutler’s unending flexibility in meeting your legal demands regarding the use of your API, you have decided to completely bar future distribution of his wildly popular Missing e extension. Given that the extension simply reshapes the ergonomics of already available features without using the API at all (as per your request) to make using Tumblr a much more smoother (and honestly, practical/sensible) experience, it makes perfect sense given your track record that you would decide to hideously stretch the definition of your own terms of service to allow you to say that Mr. Cutler’s cooperation is simply not enough, since allowing him to continue would make using Tumblr something people enjoy doing.
You don’t want that! Are you fucking crazy?
So I just wanted to congratulate you on your consistency. I would like you to pay attention to this photo, however.
It is, as you can see, a photo of me farting at what one can imagine to be your faces on a moving commuter train. This particular train is driven by an MP40PH-3C engine, and, at the time of this photo, happened to be travelling at what one could estimate to be its top speed, or somewhere near it. If we imagine your faces to be outside of the train at a fixed point, and not on the train itself, thus adding the speed of the train to your own relative space (as explained by Professor Hawking in this summary of several theories of relativity), we can assume the fart in question is travelling towards your face at a minimum speed of roughly 93 mph, or 150 km/h.
That’s a pretty fast fart. You might want to hold on to something.
No, having sex doesn’t mean you want to have a baby right then. But the truth is that, you shouldn’t even be having sex in the first place if:
Your not married
Your not willing to take the responsibility of having a baby just in case you do end up pregnant.
No matter what the reasons were that made you decide to have sex, you were taking the risk of getting pregnant. This isn’t something you can play stupid on, everyone knows that there is always a chance for pregnancy. Grow up, and take some responsibility. Abortion is incredibly selfish.
This ignorance is almost cute.
1. It’s weird, but you know, some people aren’t actually allowed to get married yet because they’re in the same gender relationships. Sucks, but you know. So I’m guessing you’d say that if you’re in a non heterosexual relationship, you’re not allowed sex. Ever.
2. It will probably surprise you to learn that the pregnant person is actually making a responsible decision by having an abortion if they feel it’s right. They have thought about it.
It’s so kind of you telling me what I should and shouldn’t do. It’s amazing really, I wasn’t aware I shouldn’t be having sex if I wasn’t married! I didn’t realise you’re the one who is right with the better morals. I’m so sorry I didn’t listen to you sooner :/ I’ll stop having sex immediately.
Perhaps you shouldn’t make posts on abortion if you’ve not done your research because
1) Rape happens. Sometimes people don’t choose to have sex, but they have it forced upon them. Not all sex is consensual, unfortunately. Did you forget about that or did you ignore it because it doesn’t fit into your neat little view?
2) Actually, no, not everyone might know there’s a risk of pregnancy. Not everyone gets sex education. Some people might believe in sex myths, and they genuinely may believe there is no risk of pregnancy if they do a certain thing. Similarly, one or more partner may have had an operation to make it so they wouldn’t be able to get pregnant, and they may not have known there was a chance it could still happen.
3) Stop viewing the world in black and white. You are completely ignoring that there are circumstances surrounding a person’s abortion. They are doing it for a reason, and they feel it is the right thing to do. This may because of their physical health, or mental health, or the fact the foetus is non viable and would not survive. They may be doing it because they can’t afford to be pregnant. Or they can’t handle the pregnancy. If someone has an abortion, chances are they feel it’s the most responsible thing for them to do. There are reasons for abortions, it’s not like the person wants one exactly, they just don’t want to be pregnant. And nobody should make them be pregnant. Nobody has the right to live off someone else’s body without their permission.
4) How can you say abortion is selfish? Dammit, you know what I think is selfish? Using a person’s body against their will. Which is what an unwanted foetus is doing. Bloody selfish unwanted foetuses!!!!! But seriously, how can you think abortion is selfish but think it’s perfectly okay to tell someone what to do with their body and force them carry the foetus and then make them give birth against their will?
5) Also, basically, you’re saying they people shouldn’t have sex if they’re not willing to have a baby? Sorry couple living in poverty who can’t afford a baby, partoftheatmosphere has spoken, sorry woman who finds sex therapeutic and helps her to forget about bad experience in her life,partoftheatmosphere has spoken, sorry woman in university, you’re not allowed to have sex because you might risk getting pregnant and that may stop you becoming a doctor.
I don’t think it’s the people who have abortions that need to grow up, partoftheatmosphere, rather, judging by that text post, I think it’s you. Open your eyes and do some research.
It’s too bad that such an excellent response probably fell on deaf ears; the OP’s info points to “I believe what the Bible tells me, everything else is wrong.”
It’s a shame that people go through life being willfully ignorant. It makes me kind of sad, that people would choose not to have an open mind, choose not to educate themselves.
“One of the reasons God brings earthquakes to the world is because of the transgressions of homosexuality. Yes, there is a direct connection between earthquakes and homosexuality. There was in Haiti and it is here, in New York, in Washington, D.C., where they passed homosexual legislation ordinances, in New York City and state, where they opened, especially on Sunday early, where they passed the homosexual marriage law. We want everyone to understand that if this kinds of activities continue and are legislated into the moral fiber of the country and are forced down the throats of the religious people, it’s a revolt against God. And literally, there’s hell to pay.”—
Rabbi Yehuda Levin of the National Organization for Marriage trying to blame the recent East Coast earthquake on homosexuals.
Some would call this borderline dementia. Those people are onto something.
This is the part where we ship these close minded assholes out to their own country where they can ruin their own backward ass lives instead of trying to ruin the part of America that has actually progressed into an open minded society.
Hell, let’s all move to Canada and buy coats instead.
Also: I find it absolutely fucking hilarious that Christians are the ones with ideas being forced down their throat.
Oh my God, is this person for real? Honestly this is just out of control and so ridiculous, if God is love then doesn’t he love and accept everyone? Then he can’t condemn peoples right to marry and spend their lives together being in love. Ugh.
Um, someone missed that Prejudiced Dude’s apparently a Rabbi, but I think conservative Christians have been the ones who have been the loudest whiners.
Regardless, if there’s hell to pay, well, I’m looking forward to it. I’d rather be in hell than in heaven with some guy with a stick so far up his ass that his solution to people doing what he doesn’t want them to do is to destroy the planet and kill people.
If we want to be arsey about it, technically it’s been over 100 hours.
At this point, I’m quite put-off and would be more amused if they continue to not approve my join request for another 3 days so that I can announce that I’ve been waiting a week in another tatting group I’m in, the one that suggested that group to me in the first place. I don’t have any other option, since the entire group’s locked down and I can’t exactly email anyone to pester them.
I'm annoyed by people who say "I'd go gay/lesbian for _______"
You can’t “go” gay or lesbian. It’s not a lifestyle choice, it’s who you are. You can say “I’m a girl who likes guys, but I’d date/kiss/scissor her” if you want, nothing wrong with that, but you don’t get to wake up one day and make the decision to suddenly be a lesbian just because you’re going to see your girlcrush that day.
Besides that, by saying such a thing you’re perpetuating the misunderstanding that being gay/bisexual/lesbian/et cetera is a choice when it so clearly isn’t.
If you can't approve memberships in a timely manner, stop moderating them or give trusted people the ability to approve them.
I’ve been waiting on my approval for the Here Be Tatters group for 3 days, literally 72 hours. I sent a join request at someone’s recommendation when I was asking about something, but what good is it if the group moderator apparently doesn’t moderate the group?
Edit: I should specify that this is a private group, so you can’t see posts or anything without being a member.